Same issue here running on Server 2012 R2. Cannot access the current (latest log file). No issues with previous days (rolling over daily). I can copy the latest log and analyze that so it's not headers. Nice tool, otherwise.
I have done all the right things by UAC, by manually accessing each log folder to gain permission. I can import all files using sfwr EXCEPT for the currently running log file in each site's directory. Is there a trick to reading this, or a filter to allow omitting it? I'm also receving the 'cs_bytes' error already mentioned for any successful imports.
Thank you for your great tool. It is really helpful esp sp2013 have statistic component removed. I have two questions: 1. What's the different to specific a user or not? I have tried specific different users and the overviews.txt exported are the same. 2. I got follow error on MB calculation: Calculation error: 'System.Dynamic
.ExpandoObject' does not contain a definition for 'cs_bytes'
Great tool - just wanted to send a quick note that this ran just fine on a Win Server 2012 IIS folder.
Can you run this tool remotely against a SharePoint Server?. Our prod environment does not have .net 4
Hello Margriet, Great tool! Is there a way to merge the results from 2 WFE's, or would I have to do this manually? Thanks! Best regards, The Doctor
Well, you can direct sfwr to read a single log file or to a folder, in which case it reads every log file in it thereby combining results of multiple WFEs, if their log files were in the same folder.
Very useful tool Thanks Rooba
we have a need to show Most viewed Pages,Top visitors in SharePoint 2013 site. will this work for SharePoint 2013?
Sure. The tool just takes a look at IIS log settings and isn't dependent upon a specific version of SharePoint. Having said that, I've only tested it for sps 2007, 2010, and 2013.
Script is running successfully but the target folder is empty. IIS log files are enabled i can see them at c:\inetpub\logs
\logfiles Can you please help me to find what could be the issue. Thanks, karim
Results are written to the location where sfwr is located, not to the target folder. Please check that location.
Items in memory: 2407501 Items in memory in words: 2 Million, 4 x 100.000 and something... Finished importing file: D:\SFWR\W3SVC12
40483922\u_ex13 0611.log Importing file: D:\SFWR\W3SVC12 40483922\u_ex13 0612.log Failed to process line 2013-06-12 07:17:06 fe80::3883:3ced :9e90:4ac%11 POST /_vt i_bin/sitedata. asmx - 2010 DMZ01\VXQ-svc-F Crawl fe80::3883:3ced :9e90:4ac%11 Mozi lla/4.0+(compat ible;+MSIE+4.01 ;+Windows+NT;+M S+Search+6.0+Ro bot) 200 0 0 46: Exc eption of type 'System.OutOfMe moryException' was thrown. Failed to import W3C IIS log files
This is normal. I use the DLR to create in-memory objects, so I'm able to query them later to produce reports. But... there's a limit to the amount of objects that can be handled by .NET, so that's why you're getting this error. What I suggest you do is this: split the IIS log files in smaller batches using a tool such as GSplit. Then, analyze those. That's what I do, when needed. Make sure the batches are logical, e.g., if there's a lot of traffic, I create batches for every hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or as needed.