BizTalk Server Pipeline Component Wizard has been a very popular development utility to ease the development of the custom pipeline components used within a BizTalk Server environment. The original source code/wizards only works up through BizTalk Server 2010 in Visual Studio 2010. This is an update to work with newer release - BizTalk Server 2016/Visual Studio 2015.
Attached zip file contains the wizard's executable (exe) and the source code to work with BizTalk Server 2016/Visual Studio 2015.
This updated version of the source code uses the Visual Studio setup project, similar to the original source code (developed by Martijn Hoogendoorn until BizTalk 2010/VS 2010).
For BizTalk 2013 R2, @nickhauenstein relased a version of patch with some fixes to its previous version. (https://btsplcw.codeplex.com/workitem/21354). This updated release for BizTalk Server 2016/Visual Studio 2015 also includes its previous fixes.
The Visual Studio setup projects was not shipped after VS 2010. Hence your Visual Studio 2015 will not include Visual Studio setup project type. Install the official extension from the following link to get you the setup project type used in this update’s source code. (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=VisualStudioProductTeam.MicrosoftVisualStudio2015InstallerProjects).
Steps to install the wizard from the attached zip file:
Steps to view the source code including the setup project:
Following are the updates included in this version of the source code from its original version (https://btsplcw.codeplex.com/).
* Source code aligned to work with BizTalk Server 2016 and Visual Studio 2015
* Uses the Visual Studio setup project (BizTalk 2013 R2 patch used InstallShield).
* Project creation of empty BizTalk projects result in errors due to mismatched VSPackage Guid (fixed in BizTalk 2013 R2 patch, included also in the latest update)
* Removal of designer properties not implemented (fixed in BizTalk 2013 R2 patch, included also in the latest update)
* Alignment of wizard elements causes some strings to be trimmed in the UI (fixed in BizTalk 2013 R2 patch, included also in the latest update)
* Old image used for Wizard summary page* (fixed in BizTalk 2013 R2 patch, included also in the latest update)
.NET Framework 4.6.2/Windows 2016/SQL Server 2016/BizTalk Server 2016
.NET Framework 4.6.1/Windows 2012 R2/SQL Server 2016/ BizTalk Server 2016
Orginial download: https://btsplcw.codeplex.com/workitem/22473
Copyright: Credit to Martijn Hoogendoorn who created the orginal version and updated until BizTalk 2010 in Visual Studio 2010. I have updated the code to work it for BizTalk 2016 in Visual Studio 2015.