This script adds your hierarchy or standalone primary to the early update ring for Update 1706 for the current branch of System Center Configuration Manager. The script is signed and bundled
inside a signed self-extracting executable. Please extract before following the instructions below.
Note: The 1706 update is only applicable to 1606 and higher versions of System Center Configuration Manager
- Launch an elevated command prompt
- Run PowerShell
- Run the EnableFastUpdateRing1706_All.ps1 script
- EnableFastUpdateRing1706_All.ps1 <SiteServer_Name | SiteServer_IP> where SiteServer refers to the CAS or standalone primary site server
- Force a check for the update.
- Go to \Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing and click "Check for Updates". You may need to try "Check for Updates" more than once if the package is not downloaded on the first try.
- The new 1706 Update should now be available in the Configuration Manager Console.