This is a simple script I tried to put together for my self, in need for a better documentation of all the insatllations I go through.
This script does three things:
- It gathers a lot of settings, polices and information, and dumps it to HTML files
- It creates a mini-backup of the configuratio as is, by collecting some important information into .xml files.
- It zippes all of these files into one zipfile for storage.
- This script is for both Enterprise and Standard Edition Server.
- The script has only been run and testet on single site/pool installations, so use caution when trying to do otherwise.
- The script should be able to run without any modification.
- The script must be run on a server where Lync PS is available.
- If the script must be run in a PS3 environment, and will load all nessecary modules automatically
- I highly recommend you test the script in your Lab, before running in your production environment
I have some further information on my blog: http://uc.lawedo.net/search/label/Get-csdocumentation
- V 1.2 - September 2012 - Added details to the service configuration
- V 1.3 - February 2012 - Mainor changes to layout and information
- v 2.0 - September 2013 - Major update to colorthemes and output formats. Also added Persistent Chat objects and topology gathering.
- v 2.1 - December 2013 - Fixed NSLOOKUP section, to handle pools and not just single servers
- v 2.2 - December 2013 - Minor fixup, mainly cosmetic, changed default output location to the same as other documentation scripts I have created. It is now "C:\Lync Documentation". Change this by using -path parameter.
- v 2.3 - April 2015
- BUGFIX: NSLOOKUP now provides hostnames as well as pool names
- New feature: List of users now sorts by assigned domain
- New feature: List of domains shows usercount
- New feature: List EXT as a seperate column
- CHANGE: No longer leaving all files in the folder. Zipping to a target, then deleting clutter.
- New feature: KEEPTemp switch to avoid deleting
- BUGFIX: Added CsMeetingRoom
- Tested on a Skype for Business Server (VIS server information NOT verified)
- Change: New colors
- v 2.4 - May 2015
- Cleanup: Better code for HTML generation
- Cleanup: Better IP address documentation
- Cleanup: Better Service dump (ignoring blank services)
- New feature: Adding software version on servers the script can connect to (Requires WinRM, firewall and rigths on target computer), can take some time
- New feature: Send documentation in email on complete
No known bugs awaiting fixup
No requests at the moment.