The Extended Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012 Operating System Management Pack version 7.0.8570.10 monitors the availability of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012.
This management pack augments the existing Windows Server management pack by monitoring for the following changes in your environment:
- Demotion of a domain controller to a Windows
- Windows Server rebooted from bugcheck
- Windows Server rebooted
- Dirty Windows Server shutdown
- Additional monitoring of core Windows services
such as Windows Time, Win-RIM, and Group Policy Client.
- Duplicate monitors from the Windows Server
management pack (version 6.0.6958.0) to include the last sampled value in the
alert details for the logical disk, physical disk, memory, and processor
utilization unit monitors.
- Include enhanced performance reports for disk,
memory, and network adapters.
- Monitor for Netlogon Event ID 5783, which can impact server-based applications such as Exchange 2010, SQL Server, etc.
- NEW - Includes a new linked performance report to show logical disk free space.
- NEW - Monitors for file system availability using WMI to detect when a logical disk is no longer available to the operating system.
- NEW - Monitors for user initiated shutdown or reboot and includes a linked event analysis report for further analysis.
Included in the ZIP file is the management pack in sealed read-only format, the Deployment Guide, and Release Notes.
Because this new version includes separate management packs for Server 2008/2008 R2 and 2012, installation of past versions of the extended MP will not be updated. Rather this MP will install side-by-side and you can migrate your overrides to this
new version. Going forward, this extended MP will align to this design principle.