This PowerShell script will allow you to download the
Microsoft Azure, Cloud and Enterprise Symbol / Icon Set package
Before running the script, you should keep the following things in mind:
- The script will exit if the My Shapes folder does not exist, the advice I would give is to install Microsoft Visio first before using the Symbol /Icon package.
- The script will exit if the Symbols package v5.6.2019 already exists in the My Shapes folder.
- The symbol package itself is supported on the following Operating Systems (OS): Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- The symbol set supports a variety of applications, including Microsoft Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
- You should remove any previous versions of the symbol set so you can avoid duplicate and deprecated symbols.
- The latest download comes with mostly .svg files, along with some .png and Visio stencils (.vss).
This script will do all of the following:
- Download the Microsoft_Cloud_AI_Azure_Service_Icon_Set_2019_05_08_2.zip file
- Extract the ZIP file to the My Shapes folder (depending on the Visio version the My Shapes folder is the default-working folder for Visio and it is created during the installation of Visio. If not, you can always
create it manually).
- Delete the ZIP file after extraction.
More information about the script can be found on my blog: https://wmatthyssen.com/2019/08/28/download-the-microsoft-azure-cloud-and-enterprise-symbol-icon-set-with-powershell/