This tool is used to reset the local administrator password.
it uses the following element :
- WinRM if you want to perform operation remotely
This script is language independant. You can use it on any localized version of Windows.
You don't have to know administrator accout name.
The SID is used to find the account.
This tool can be used to :
- Reset the local administrator on a computer
- Perform a bulk reset on all computers of your organization by using WinRM
- Powershell must be installed on both systems
- Winrm must be enabled on systems if you want to run it remotely
From a computer :
- open Powershell as administrator
- make sure that executionpolicy allow script execution
- Type : resetlocalAdminpassword.ps1 -newpassword <password>
where <password> is the new value of your password