In a recent
blog post I wrote about the importance of Windows Azure Pack and Service Management Automation and why I think, Windows Azure Pack isn't just for Service Providers. I'm glad to release a whitepaper today, giving guidlines to deploy and manage SMA.
So what can you ecpect from reading this whitepaper?
- Concepts and architecture of System Center 2012 R2 Service Management Automation
- Prerequisites to deploy SMA in your organization
- Installing and configuring the various SMA components
- Basics on PowerShell workflow scripting
- Creating and authoring SMA runbooks
- Linking runbooks to SPF / VM Cloud action events
- Interoperability with System Center Orchestrator Runbooks
- Converting Orchestrator runbooks to SMA
- Scaling an SMA infrastructure
- Extending SMA with custom modules
Additionally you’ll find a collection of useful links on SMA, PowerShell workflow concepts and Windows Azure Pack.
Special thanks go to Michel Lüscher,
Kristian Nese and
Aleksandar Nikolic for their time invested to review the whitepaper.
Please share your feedback and questions using the Q+A section.