After a recent support case came up, where i could not see the wrong settings via the GUI, i decided to write a script to check things for me.
I got a little carried away to be honest, but this is the result.
It will check the following:
It will work on SBS 2011 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.
It will also work on WHS 2011 and Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials.
In addition you can run it on a client machine to test connectivity to your server.
With the latest update you can also now run the tool on a client machine to test connectivity to the Essentials Server ports, 80, 443, 6602, 8192.
Improved WHS Support
Improved WSSE Support
Added better Update Notification
Bug with Dashboard SSL Error
Essentials 2011 SSL Bindings
2012 R2 Virtual Directories
Improved CRL Check and CA Recoginition
Lots of improvements including logging
Update Client Port Query - Name Resolution Issue
Updated Client Port Query - Name Resolution Section
Updated to fix bug in 2008R2 Type - Invoke-WebRequest
Updated to Check Binding Count when RWA Not enabled.
Essentials 2016 TP5 Support
TLS 1.0 Check
Improvement to Dashboard Certificate Output
Improvement to Dashboard Certificate Output - Fixed Bug
Added new test, Windows Roles/Features
Added Check for Essentials 2012 Web.Config Corruption
Added local IP configuration details and DNS settings
Version 2.2 included some bug fixes and logic for Standard Server with Role