With the amount of great sessions at Igniter this year, there is no way you could have attended all, and even if they are posted on Channel9, you might want to download them to be able to view them offline! That is why I created this PowerShell Script
so everyone can easily download them whether they were present at Ignite or not! Here are the features:
- Downloads all the Microsoft Ignite 2015 Sessions and Slides
- Groups them by folders
- Makes sure no errors come up due to Illegal File names.
- If you stop the script and restart in the middle, it will start where it left off and not from beginning
- *NEW*(11/05/2015) Filter what you download by keywords in the session title!
- *NEW* (12/05/2015) Channel9 session blocks are limited to 400 sessions, and I changed the script to download the rest! Now all 680 sessions are downloaded!
- *NEW* (15/05/2015) Changed the WebClient download protocol to Start-Bits in order to show download progress. Added ability to filter by session code. Cleaned up script so the code & output looks better!
(Thank you Dan Holme and Steve Beauge)
Total size of sessions is about 292GB! But sessions are still being uploaded, so might increase in the future!
How to Use:
- To download all sessions, just run the script! Ex:
- To download sessions based on a keyword, use the keyword parameters, and divide keywords by a comma. Make sure to use quotes around the keywords! EX:
.\downloadignitevideosandslidesv4.ps1 -keyword "SharePoint,Azure,System Center
- To download sessions based on the session code, use the session parameter and divide sessions by a comma. Make sure to use quotes around the session codes!
.\downloadignitevideosandslidesv4.ps1 -session "BRK1106,BRK1107,BRK4552"
For any questions, please use the Q&A!
Make sure to share it with all your friends and followers so they can benefit this script as well!