The attached CSV file is a matrix of SharePoint - Adobe Integration settings and their impacts on the SharePoint - Adobe user experience. The matrix assists the SharePoint administrator with rapidly determing how variations to specific SharePoint configuration
items impact the user experience with regard to Adobe PDFs saved to Sharepoint document libraries. Four SharePoint configuration items are are engaged here:
- Open Documents in Client Applications by Default site collection feature
- SPWOPIBinding -Application "WordPDF" -Action "View" for Office Online Server integration
- <Mapping Key = "pdf" Value = icpdf" OpenControl = ""/> in DOCICON.XML
- Default open behavior for browser-enabled documents in the document library's Advanced Settings.
Two variations of each setting are tested, resulting in 16 different SharePoint - Adobe integration user experiences.
The matrix is composed of 17 columns and 13 rows. The first colum lists CONFIGURATION ITEMS, the four listed above, and ACTIONS, which are actions the user can perform. These actions and their potential outcomes include:
- What is the outcome of clicking on the PDF document title:
- The PDF document opens in the same tab or a second tab
- The PDF document opens in the PDF browser client or Word Online
- The Adobe Acrobat thick client appears along with an Adobe thick client popup
- Some combination of these
- What are the document options that are presented on the document popup that appears when clicking on the vertical ellipse to the right of the document title
- OPEN SHARE FOLLOW ...
- EDIT SHARE FOLLOW ...
- What is the outcome of clicking on the document popup OPEN option:
- The PDF document appears in the same browser tab, in the PDF client
- The PDF document appears in the same browser tab, in Word Online
- NA - this option not available
- What is the outcome of clicking on the document popup EDIT option:
- NA - the option is not available
- The Adobe Acrobat thick client appears first, a thick client popup also appears and presents various menu options
- What is the outcome of clicking on the document popup Full Screen option
- NA - the option is not enabled
- The PDF document opens in a new tab, in Word Online